10 GREAT DATES FOR COUPLES
Begins Saturday, August 13
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
This school year, on the second Saturday night of each month, Northlake will offer 10 GREAT DATES FOR COUPLES open to all married couples (or those considering marriage).
10 GREAT DATES FOR COUPLES is a popular marriage enrichment series from authors and seminar leaders David and Claudia Arp. About 10 Great Dates and Marriage Alive
David graduated from GA Tech and Claudia is a UGA grad … now if they can make that work don’t you think they have something to offer the rest of us?
Each “Date Night” will consist of an initial gathering to watch a 20 minute video of the Arps presenting an important aspect of strong marriages like resolving honest conflict, becoming an encourager, balancing your roles as partner and parent, or developing spiritual intimacy. Then couples are sent out for the balance of the evening on a “Date” with talking points which we will provide. Most nights we will provide a free (or cheap!) date activity – a cafe, a movie that relates to the theme, an evening meal, etc, or you can find some other activity that would provide you the opportunity to have your date and conversation. For the August date each couple will be free to go out to dinner, have coffee, or find some place quiet to talk, what ever you want to do.
In order to make this super convenient for parents, we are going to run a KIDS NIGHT OUT (Nursery – 6th graders) concurrently with Date Night … so you will not have to worry about child care because it will be built-in with KNO.
I have been reviewing the videos and the suggested date conversation questions we will be using, and I believe this is a very healthy and natural way to strengthen any couple’s relationship. Check out the website for the program Marriage Alive Website.
A few more points…
1. You do not have to participate in 10 GREAT DATES to utilize KIDS NIGHT OUT or vice versa… both activities are open to single parent’s kids, or couples without young children, etc.
2. Engaged or dating couples are welcome.
3. If your spouse can’t attend every night but you want to participate you can do the date night activities at another time, just go ahead and attend solo.
4. Please be on time. We want to get you on your dates as quickly as possible.
5. Parents and young couples, this is a gift to you. You don’t have to help chaperone the kid’s activities (that will be done by older Northlake couples).
6. We will provide snacks during Kids Night Out but not supper.
We hope you will make plans to attend and feel free to invite friends!