Welcome to Weekly Family Bible Study!
During the month of November, join us as we GIVE THANKS WITH A GRATEFUL HEART! 🥰🧡 Learn more about this program, along with videos and parent guide HERE!
This is our last Sunday of November so take time this week and fill up your gratitude journal as you notice the beautiful blessings around you! I hope you had some memories, conversations, and people to add after this week of Thanksgiving.
Families: How can you encourage one another today?
- I noticed that you said, “Thank you.” It makes me happy when you are thankful. God likes to hear you say “Thanks” too!
- What an awesome attitude of gratitude you have!
- “____________, thank you for ______________.” (Model thankfulness by thanking one another for something they have done.)
Read the Bible together:
Invite your children to pretend to be fish or some other kind of sea creature. Read Psalm 104:25,27-28. If you wish, you can research the needs of the sea animals your children are most interested in.
Psalm 104:10-13 “He makes springs pour water into the ravines; it flows between the mountains. They give water to all the beasts of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst. The birds of the air nest by the waters; they sing among the branches. He waters the mountains from His upper chambers; the earth is satisfied by the fruit of His work.”
1. What are some things you often thank God for?
2. Why is it easy to praise God for these things?
3. Is there anything you find it hard to thank God for?
4. What do you think Jesus meant when He said, “A man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions” (Luke 12:15)?
5. How can being ungrateful take the joy out of blessings? (For example, whining about not getting two scoops of ice cream can steal the joy of having any ice cream at all.)
Give thanks to God for people!
Print out the cards below or use these phrases to make your own. Write a note to someone you’re thankful for and take time to say a prayer of thanksgiving to God for the blessing that person is in your life.
Dear God, I give You thanks because You are good. Thank You for giving me ____________. Amen.
Different Ways to Say THANK YOU
Here’s a list you can use, or you can research other languages on the Internet.
- Afrikaans: Dankie
- Albanian: Faleminderit
- Arabic: Shukran
- Bosnian: Hvala
- Chinese: Xie xie (pronounced “Shyeh shyeh”)
- Czech: Dekuji
- Croatian: Hvala
- Danish: Tak
- Dutch: Dank je (pronounced “Dannk yuhh”) or
- Bedankt (pronounced “Buh dannkt”)
- Filipino: Salamat
- Finnish: Kiitos (sounds like “Kee-tos”)
- French: Merci
- German: Danke (informal; pronounced “Dahn-kuh”)
- Hebrew: Toda (pronounced “Toh Dah”)
- Icelandic: Takk Fyrir
- Italian: Grazie
- Japanese: Arigato (informal; pronounced “Ah-ree-gah-toh”)
- Maltese: Grazzi
- Norwegian: Takk
- Polish: Dziękuję
- Punjabi: Dhannvaad
- Romanian: Mulţumesc (pronounced “Mool-too-mesk”)
- Russian: Spasibo (sounds like “Spa-see-boh”)
- Spanish: Gracias
- Swahili: Ahsante
- Swedish: Tack
- Thai: Khawp khun khrap (if you’re male) or Khawp khun kha (if you’re female)
- Welsh: Diolch
- Vietnamese: Cam on (pronounced “Caam-ungh”)